Melky Is A Teenager!

I’ve been excited all week.

Today is Melky’s 13th Birthday!

I haven’t had many dogs make it to their teen years, and while she moves a little slow, and as she cries constantly...

...she’s doing great.

She has a wonderful appetite, she loves me as much as one being can love another, and she gets every bit as excited for her morning ride and bony time after dinner as she did when she was a puppy.

“We’re having a party,” I announced earlier in the week.

“For what?” The boys asked.

“Melky is a teenager.”

My boys get a tad frustrated with Melky.

Mostly because of the farting.

“She stinks. She weeps, and we have to beg her to go outside.”

“I don’t care,” I said. “She’s having a party.”

I’m thinking we go with a fine steak, a little tasty paws for dessert and the good bones.

“I hope you make it to 20,” I told Melky the other night.

She didn’t care.

Yet, this is a dog who makes me go to bed early on the weekends. She cries until we go up.

“Didn’t you tell your girlfriend that it’s Saturday?” Kathy asks.

“I did mention it.”

So, if you see Melky around...

...wish her a happy birthday...

...or swing by on Friday around six...

...we’ll be singing to her.

Everyone loves the Melk-Man!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie