Giving Up Trump For Lent

When his presidency started I spent the first couple of months saying:

“This pace can’t be sustained. Americans don’t want to spend this much time worried about politics.”

I believed that things would even out and that there wouldn’t be so much drama. I wasn’t sure that he could grow into the job, I just figured that the grown-ups would stop it somehow.

Hasn’t happened.

We are in the 25-th month of instability.

We’ve normalized paying off strippers from the Oval Office chair. The same guys who screamed about the loss of dignity associated with the office are shrugging off everything.

Worried about emails causing problems with national security?

How about just handing out clearances to relatives?

Intelligence agents are dismissed...

...mad dictators are idolized.

You’re bragging about record low number of immigrants presenting for asylum and then bragging about having the most?

Which is it?

Up is down and down is up.

And I’m giving it up for lent.

All of it.

The tweets, the rambling speeches, the nicknames, the nastiness.

40 days.

“Good luck with that champ! That’s 😩 hysterical!” The always supporting Pops wrote.

“You won’t make it three days,” a work dude commented. “He’s in all of our heads. He won’t be denied. We’re all consumed with all the moves.”

So, there it is.

I haven’t tried to give up much for lent in the last many years, but I honestly think this would be a good thing.

Is it possible?

Maybe not, but even one or two days would be good.

I wonder how many others are trying it.

Giving up Trump for lent.

It’s a brilliant idea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie