Ten Years

We were talking about my brother, Jeff, the other day.

We do that a lot.

“We were cheated,” Kathy said.

I’ve thought about that a lot in the more than three-thousand-five hundred plus days since.

Severely cheated.

Out of love & laughter.

I think about all of the things we lost that day ten years ago, but I don’t think about it long...

...because it’s still so unbearable and unbelievable.

Jeff’s kids have done well.

They make me laugh, and there are moments, when I’m in their company when I catch a glimpse, and I actually smile.

Life is hard.

A loss of a loved one is the worst.

There are the days when it sneaks up on you.

There are the memories.

They aren’t enough.

Yet, I knew Jeff better than almost everyone else in the world, and he would’ve been really angry had any of us quit.

He wouldn’t want sadness to linger.

Cheated?

Hell yeah!

The love hasn’t gone anywhere though, and that doesn’t matter if I’m here for ten years, or fifty or a hundred.

I still can’t believe it.

Too much life.

Ten years.

Damn.

Love you, brother.

I’ll keep moving through the dark with you in my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie