Geneva On the Lake

I had a early speaking engagement on Monday morning.

Late last week, my client texted me.

“Did you get a room yet?” Bob asked.

“No. Why?”

“I’m getting you a room,” he responded.

“You ain’t staying with me!” I answered.

“Hell no!” He answered, “But we are paying for a room for you at Geneva Inn on the Lake. It’s a great spot. Romantic getaway, so bring your wife.”

Because of work, of course, she couldn’t go.

So, I was off on a romantic weekend for one!!

I wasn’t even interested in romancing myself.

Yet, it was great.

A jacuzzi tub, the Sunday New York Times waiting for me. Basically, a full apartment.

I spent two hours reading the paper.

Used the tub for my aching legs.

Wrote a few pages, and slept in a huge, really comfortable bed.

I showed up at the speaking engagement and my first half hour of talking brought a lot of laughs.

“Oh crap,” Bob said. “You’re too well rested. You’re going to be a problem today.”

And I was.

We laughed a lot.

A whole bunch of stories. I made fun of myself and my audience.

“There’s something wrong with you,” Bob said at one of the breaks. “I’m not springing for a room ever again!”

So, I needed a day filled with laughter yesterday.

Geneva on the Lake!

Nice place...

...even for one!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie