How Do They Know?

About a month ago, I got an email from a client...

...they had booked me a room at a nice place called Geneva On the Lake.

For the next few weeks, Facebook showed me photos of the place.

I hadn’t made any posts! I got one email about it!

Then I got a text.

“Meet me at 263 Elm Street.”

I went to Google maps and entered a 2

“263 Elm Street popped up.”

It gives me the creeps.

My phone knows what I’m doing before I do.

I suppose that my phone has a targeted profile all set to go on me. The ads that hit me are for:

Yankees tickets, Bruce shirts, a new golf wedge (they obviously haven’t figured out that I’m not replacing chippy).

It’s all too weird.

That’s how they know how to target who to chase for a vote, and then they send the news that might matter to me, right?

Creepy, right?

Makes me wonder what the future might be like.

Can I throw them off the path a little?

Maybe I should browse some photos of power tools or something.

I’ll tell you something, though...

...my phone was down for most of Sunday...

...I felt lost!

Didn’t know where to go to get the news, sports recaps, or to have conversations with my friends.

The righteous say that we shouldn’t rely on our phones so much...

...but try going without yours for 8 hours.

It’s weird!

If I lose the phone, how will they know how to track me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie