There Is Warmth!!!

I saw a 64 on my outside temperature reading as I was driving.

The heater wasn’t blasting!

Had dinner with a couple of good buddies and we started talking about golf.

It’s been months!!!

“You going to be able to play?” I was asked.

“I hope so. Seems like I’m good most of the time. Massage!”

“Oh gross,” one buddy said.

Then we got to talking about the time I birdied the 18th hole at a nice course in Syracuse.

I announced it to all of the 15 other guys that were playing that day.

Individually announced it.

Multiple times.

I had made a miracle putt to get it done.

“Remember your birdie?” One buddy said.

“Why did you remind him?”

The birdie became legendary later that evening when I ran into an older guy at the clubhouse.

The guy was a complete stranger to all of us.

“You see that group of guys over there?” I asked the guy.

He nodded.

“Here’s what I need you to do.”

The guy sauntered up to our full group (I love him for this!)

“Hey guys,” he said.

Every eye turned to him.

“Did you have a good time?”

They all answered positively.

“It’s a beautiful course, right?”

Another ringing endorsement.

“Tough, though,” the guy said. “Especially 18. I’ve never heard of anyone ever getting a birdie on that one.”

Then I emerged.

To a chorus of boos!

Can’t wait to play again.

God Bless the old guy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie