Jimbo

My brother works hard.

His home is impeccable and people wouldn’t know it, but he’s more OCD than me.

In his home, everything is in the exact right place.

He has taken on a specific role in our family dynamic too...

...he cooks dinner for 50...

...even when there are only 10 of us there.

He can really cook too.

And today is his birthday and he’s actually taking a break.

I’m not sure what my Mom and Dad did to us, but none of us are really great at taking breaks.

“I’m waiting for the sun to come up,” he said, on his first day of vacation. It was just ten after four. “Can’t even get a coffee yet.”

Who wakes up at 4:10 on vacation?

“Try and get some rest,” I said.

“Yeah. That’ll work. Thanks, I didn’t think of that.”

I’ve been in his shoes.

By day three he’ll be trying to work around his condo. He’ll put up some shelves or build a bookcase or something.

“Eat, have a few, lay on the beach. It’s your birthday.”

Hopefully, he listens.

Happy Birthday, brother.

We love you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie