So Aggravating

The roughest part about getting older is that you go to bed...

...feeling good...

...and you wake up 7 hours later...

...wondering...

HOW THE HELL YOU TWEAKED YOUR BACK!

That was Monday morning.

Melky nosed up the shade and we both looked outside.

STILL SNOW IN THE AIR!!!

“Ah well, time to make the donuts,” I said to the Melkster.

We headed out, got the Pair-Pair and the three of us went out to get the paper.

I left for work...

...the dogs went back to bed.

My phone rang instantly.

As a safety consultant I don’t get a lot of “Everything is going great!” Phone calls.

“We have an emergency roof repair,” the owner said. “Need you there as soon as you can.”

(Remember the sore back?)

I climbed a 40-footer and then a straight ladder.’

The wind freezing my freaking forehead.

“Isn’t this lovely?” The first guy I saw asked.

I just grunted.

Walked the area, had a meeting.

Returned home 8 hours later to get started on writing reports.

Melky was still in bed...

...right next to Paris.

At least they were happy to see me.

“How’d your day go?” I asked the dogs.

(Lucky bastards).

Phone buzzed as I looked outside and watched a heavier snow fall.

“Need you in Dunkirk for a 7 a.m. meeting,” the bastard on the other end of the line said.

“Seven?”

“You’re in construction, dude,” he said. “Go to bed early.”

16 days until opening day!

I can still make a snowman!

So aggravating!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie