Trapped

The fact that they found the 12 kids and their coach in the underground cave, a 131-feet down in a mile-long labyrinth of caves...

...was absolutely amazing, but they have not yet been rescued, and the updates are scary.

They’re running low on oxygen.

They’re trying to pump water out, and trying to perform the rescue attempt before nasty weather fills the caves and kills them.

The idea is to get them to dive out, but these are children and not professional divers, and a diver, who was attempting to assist in the rescue, ran out of air and lost his life.

Damn!

What a horrific ordeal, and I can’t help but imagine what is happening in that underground cave.

They’re kids. They have to be tired, hungry and scared. It’s a situation where you want to believe that everyone will do everything possible to rescue them...

...but there are no easy answers.

They’ve been down there for two weeks!

I think that everyone in the world has a touch of claustrophobia...

...I know I do.

It’s not rational either.

I was in a MRI tube. I looked at the tube before I went in. Piece of cake.

It’s only a few feet in.

They put Billy Joel through my headphone speakers.

I could nap.

They sent me in. I opened my eyes and looked up at the ceiling of the tube...

...just inches away.

A wave of panic rushed over me.

“It’s just a tube in a room. They can get me out in seconds.”

That didn’t work very well.

I did tough it out, though. I made it through the 45 minutes necessary to get through the procedure.

Two weeks in a cave???

Knowing that you’re more than a hundred-feet below the surface, with water threatening to sweep in at any moment.

Deep down, I believe that they will save them.

Prayers if you can spare them.

Hopefully.

We need some good news.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie