Down Goes the Dishwasher!

So, I put the dishes in and pressed the button...

...and nothing happened.

Of course, I pressed the button eleven more times, believing that perhaps I was pressing the button wrong.

Then I sent a message to our head of maintenance.

"Dishwasher is broke."

My beautiful wife answered with:

"I noticed that."

Yet, she did not take the dirty dishes out and wash them by hand. She simply shut the door and moved on.

I took all the dishes out and was in the process of washing them when one of the Camp Clifford Campers came out of his room with a dish.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Dishwasher is broken. I have to wash the dishes by hand."

And you know what he did?

He put his dirty dish in the broken dishwasher!

In the middle of the conversation about the broken dishwasher!

We've raised some true geniuses.

"Yo, dumb ass," I said.

He handed me the dish.

And we have a terribly slow process around here for fixing or replacing things.

The head of maintenance lives under the decree of "Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow," and...

...I am not allowed to rent a movie without prior written approval.

So, we wait.

After dinner one night I was washing and Kathy was wiping.

"This is getting ponderous," I said.

"Really," she answered. "I thought it was kind of cool to step back in time."

See what I'm dealing with here?

Hoping to get a new one picked out before the first of the year.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie