One of My Favorite People

I have to visit a massage therapist at least every other week to “get my legs back”.

Summer is rough because rest is more difficult as everyone has a number of jobs going and some of the jobs are in hard-to-reach places.

About a week ago I passed my beautiful wife in the kitchen and said, “I wish you were Ki.”

She laughed, and that’s a pretty good thing when you can tell your wife that you wished she were another woman and she laughs.

Ki is a massage therapist.

Actually, she is THE massage therapist. She’s the best ever, and it’s not even close. Ki is well aware of the spots in my back and legs where I tighten up, and she works really, really hard to unknot everything.

She’s also an excellent human being and I enjoy talking to her about her life.

Yet, what impresses me the most is that she aspires to be the very best at her job, and it has to be a challenging job.

Everyone has different problems, and the therapy is an exercise in figuring out what works. I pointed to a spot near my left hip that aches perpetually.

“That’s where your hamstring connects,” she mentioned. “Let’s stretch that.”

After the stretch I asked her how she figured out that would work.

“I take classes to get better,” she said. “There’s so much more to learn and it all really interests me.”

“Well, they should have a statue of you in front of the place,” I mentioned.

Yet, there’s a problem with only being massaged by the best.

She’s usually booked, and every now and again I have to see a different therapist.

Thankfully, Ki was available on Saturday.

“I’ll think of you every day for the next two weeks,” I said as we parted.

“Ah, thank you,” she said.

“You’re really good at your job.”

Ki laughed.

“You say that every time.”

“You deserve it every time!”

I always tip Ki well. Being dedicated to what you do, no matter what it is, means a lot to me and how I choose to live my life.

“She should get hazard pay for having to touch you,” my buddy said.

I agree!

“I wish YOU were Ki,” my wife said in response to me.

She tries to book her first, but I have a secret...

...I already booked her in advance for 2 weeks from now.

I’m counting down the days until our next meeting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie