Celebrity Love

Got a buzz on my phone as I was talking with a client on the site.

Who wanted what now?

There’s actually no way of knowing who is trying to get ahold of you when your phone is in your pocket. It could be a text, an email or an alert from ESPN.

“Excuse me,” I said.

I retrieved the phone and glanced down.

“Justin Bieber confirms engagement.”

“You gotta’ take that?” The guy said.

I showed it to him.

He laughed.

“Who gives a rats ass?” He said.

“No kidding!”

But obviously someone does.

“Who’s the most famous person you’ve ever met?” One guy asked on Twitter.

There were thousands of answers!

I thought about some that I’ve met.

Henry Winkler, Jon Stewart, Alan Alda, Jamie Lee Curtis, Gene Hackman, James Patterson and of course a bunch of Bills, Sabres and Yankees.

It was neat, for sure, but I certainly wasn’t star struck. Henry Winkler was fun because I talked to him for awhile.

But here’s the thing:

They’re human too.

They just have different jobs. I also knew a lot of the creative types back in college. Every theater major I met was a little off.

I think of that when I see movie stars or performers.

A little off.

Now, I have a couple of stars that I’d like to meet, Mellencamp and Bruce...

...I actually got a little nervous when Bruce was just 15’ away on Broadway or when Mick Jagger passed a few feet in front of me at Toad’s Place in New Haven...

...but Justin Bieber?

Gun to my head I couldn’t name one of his songs.

(He sings, right?)

I’ve read about him being a real dope, but I swear, if he knocked on my front door just for the chance to meet me I might actually yell out:

“I’m not home!”

Perhaps he’s a nice guy, and maybe his marriage will last 75 years.

I don’t care.

I certainly don’t need an update on the situation.

Someday, though, ask me about the one question I asked The Fonz.

He laughed pretty hard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie