It Got To Me

Maybe it was the steroid packet for the bee sting.

Perhaps it was the backache from the hip injections.

All I know is that “This Is Us” got me.

You see, when my beautiful wife was talking me into watching the series I was already well aware that it made all the women cry.

Especially her.

“Every week I cry,” she said.

We made it all the way through season 1 and halfway through the second season.

I KNEW Jack died.

They don’t hide that.

So, how sad could it be???

Well.

The bastards got to me.

In the pivotal episode, I’d already kinda’ guessed how it would go down, but they still GOT ME!

The story line was believable.

The acting was superb.

They flashed from the present to the past so expertly that when Kathy asked:

“Wasn’t that great?”

I couldn’t answer!

I knew that if I tried, I’d have tears in my voice.

I took a sip of water...

...told myself that it’s just a show.

“Was all right,” I said, in my normal voice.

No one ever told me that steroids can keep you awake at night...

...David Ortiz must’ve never slept during his fraudulent career.

But as I laid there awake on Monday night, I thought of that family.

I didn’t cry.

(You can’t prove it!).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie