All of the Roads

Was listening to Seger Friday.

Love this one.

                                                            All of the Roads

All of the roads I've run.

All of the faces I've left in my wake

Hoping I gave and didn't just take

Climbing a mountain and many are left behind

Chasing a dream and seeing a world takes time.

If you were in my world

If you could feel all the things that I feel

Maybe you'd understand

Every mirage has a certain appeal

After the thrill it's off to indifferent rooms

After the lights the darkness is coming soon

I've done it all before

And I've gone through every door.

And I've been right down on the floor and more

All of the roads I've run

All of the years that have fallen away

Light from a different star

Crossing the void and arriving one day

Oceans of space defending the great unknown

Sooner or later all of us head for home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie