Congressional Hearings

I cannot believe that we pay Congress for things like yesterday.

Former FBI Agent Peter Strzok was up in the hill to be lambasted for texts that he sent to his girlfriend  about how much he hated Donald Trump.

The problem being, he was an investigator on the Trump-Russia case.

Embarrassing to be sure, but Strzok was let go by Bob Mueller because he didn’t want the texts to be part of something that undermine the eventual findings.

I listened to a lot of it as I went about my day.

I wish I hadn’t.

It’s funny, but the divide in our country is so pronounced but I could tell how the questioning would go by the location of the congressman.

From Texas and it would be an attack.

From a blue state and it would be turned from what Strzok did to what Trump-Russia is really all about.

And there was shouting, accusations and very little listening.

The discourse was downright nasty.

Trey Gowdy is retiring.

He should’ve retired before the hearing. It wasn’t his finest moment, and I was embarrassed for him.

That’s the difficulty of it all.

The facts don’t matter. They all just dig in on their side and they try and think about ways to make an argument that makes little sense in the grand scheme of things.

I don’t know who it was that brought it up, but one guy said:

“Our intelligence has shown that Russia meddled in our election and no one wants to have a hearing about that, but we’re going through all of this because of text messages sent back and forth?”

Another man stood up and read other nasty things said about Trump during the campaign...

...those things were said by Republicans!

And through it all, I simply thought:

What a colossal waste of time!!

The hearing was about very little, and the man was beat up over and over again by men, who one after another, said the same thing.

And it stands to reason that if Russia was looking to divide the country, well, mission accomplished...

...but something tells me that this divide was coming long before.

If you listened at all yesterday you know be thing to be true:

We might not make it out of this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie