The March

George Will made a comment about how the number of school deaths is actually fairly low.

Guess he hasn’t lost a kid in a hail of bullets.

Is there an acceptable number?

And that’s why there was a march on Saturday.

It’s gone on way too long.

I don’t know what George Will is thinking. We now have a whole generation of children who have sat in closets in their classrooms, practicing hiding from gun-toting maniacs.

Is that normal?

I also don’t understand the whole “more guns are needed” argument. It doesn’t make sense. We just had a series of bombings...

...didn’t hear even one person suggest that we needed to introduce more bombs to the scenario.

Yet, I think there’s a chance for movement.

I really do.

Most Americans believe that the answer to this heretofore unsolvable problem is to keep guns and mentally disturbed people separated.

It’s almost a unanimous consensus...

...by the citizens.

What is weird is that what we seem to desire is being roundly ignored by the government officials who represent us.

And these kids have started a movement to expose it.

Yet, people like Will, minimizing death isn’t helping.

“Have they changed any laws?” My wife asked as we watched a news clip about the March.

“Not yet,” I said.

“That’s incredible,” she said. “I thought things would be different after Parkland.”

“They will,” I said.

“When?”

“When the dinosaurs are extinct.”

My wife shot a confused look in my direction.

She didn’t know what I was talking about.

George Will does.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie