The Connors

I watched the Roseanne reboot.

Both shows.

Loved it.

It was like putting on an old pair of shoes...

...speaking of which, I had to do some training on Wednesday and went from my work boots to my sneakers. Was lacing up the old sneakers, pulled the laces tight and felt something weird. I looked and the bottom of the left sneaker was blown out.

I now had a choice...six hours in heavy boots, or the busted up sneaks. Maybe I could get away with it.

“Why the hell is wrong with your shoe?” The first guy I saw asked.

I gotta’ buy better sneakers.

Anywhoa...

Yeah, Roseanne is a loudmouth.

“She’s so loud,” my beautiful wife mention

And she is. Always has been, but the writing on the show is good. Sara Gilbert, Laurie Metcalfe and John Goodman are great...

...and the Trump-Clinton fight is kind of comical when it’s played out in fantasy land.

The show garnered more than 18 million viewers.

Good enough.

I’ll watch next week...

...unless...

...I read an article that showed that people tuned in because they love Trump and all he stands for.

That most certainly was not my reasoning.

Does this divide have to work it’s way into every corner of our lives?

I grew up on sitcoms...

...Cheers, the Odd Couple, MASH, Seinfeld, Friends, The King of Queens.

If I have a half-hour to burn I’d still rather have that on.

But I also read an article about how politically incorrect Friends was...

...Joey was disrespectful to women.

...they fat-shamed Monica.

...they made fun of Chandler’s Dad.

Come on!

What are we doing?

Friends was funny and so are the Connors.

Leave us alone.

It’s a comedy.

Roseanne has a huge mouth...

...but funny words come out.

Don’t take laughter away.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie