Austin

My God.

I recently watched the series on the Unabomber and the series was really upsetting, as it should be. To think that someone would be so far gone...to send murder through the mail.

I also thought about the sniper who terrorized the beltway back about ten years ago.

Shooting innocent people.

Heartbreaking.

And the people of Austin are now being terrorized as well.

The guy will be caught, of course, and I’m hoping it’s before I finish writing this blog, but it stands to reason that there will be someone to take his place.

We keep bailing water when it comes to the mentally deranged violent offenders, but it doesn’t appear that we are fixing what is clogging the drain.

When things happen every day, and we hear about them instantly, we fee that terror.

“Violent crimes are actually down,” someone will post whenever these stories pop up.

Doesn’t feel that way, does it?

Trip wires, packages being delivered, packages being left.

I don’t know any of the answers.

In all likelihood this is someone who is tremendously mentally disturbed. Is he targeting minorities?

We have a lot of easy targets roaming around...

...and I know one thing for sure.

We don’t need more inflammatory language.

We certainly can’t tolerate much more divisive speech.

But this is where we are...

...it’s the new order of American life...

...and it really sucks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty