Making Adjustments

It’s not my strong suit to adjust on the fly.

I hate it, actually.

So, when I woke up on Friday morning and saw the foot of snow, I got worried.

20 seconds later I got a text:

“Your flight is cancelled. We’ll get back to you.”

I called the airline and was asked to leave my number...they’d call me back in two hours.

Six hours later they called.

“There aren’t any flights until Sunday,” the friendly woman said.

“We know. We’re driving there.”

The snow had slowed by the time we hit the road. Kathy went straight to sleep. I drove and then the snow started flying in Syracuse.

By Binghamton I decided to change things up again.

“We’re done.”

So, add another hotel room to the trip.

I was now officially renting two rooms for Friday night...

...at least the plane tickets were to be refunded.

Carrie, who saw the show in December, called to say that she was so jealous.

“But I have to drive it,” I said.

“Still worth it!” She said.

So, there you have it...

...I adjusted!

I’m so proud of myself.

Bruce is going to be walking around town tomorrow when I get there.

We’re going to become great friends by showtime and I’m going to join him onstage to sing “The Promised Land.”

The Dogs On Main Street Howl.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie