Bounce, Bounce, Bounce

My entire weekend was spent on a couch or in a bed, watching basketball.

One game after another...

...checking the brackets.

“The key is to make it through the weekend,” I told the boys. “You just want to have a chance next week.”

The games have been fun.

On Thursday, Arizona went down in their first game, taking one of two of Jake’s bracket with them.

On Friday, Virginia got beat by UMBC a 1 losing to a 16, and Jake lost his 2nd bracket.

The one quote I can repeat was:

“Make it through the weekend?” He asked. “I didn’t make it TO the weekend!”

Sam and Kathy have brackets that are still alive, and so do I.

Yet, it was the perfect weekend for it. I was tired and extremely sore, so I was in a good spot.

“Do you actually like watching all the games?” Kathy asked.

“Uh, yeah.”

Still, it’s the excitement of the boys that carries it. Sam watched almost every minute, and he knows all the players from all the teams.

“Remember him from last year?” Sam asked, at one point during one of the games.

“I don’t remember him from the first half,” I said.

Yet, this tourney also signals the start of decent weather here in Buffalo.

Usually.

I had to scrape my windshield to take the dogs for their spin around the block.

Ah well.

It was warm on the couch.

Bounce, bounce, bounce.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty