The Hero

I used to daydream about running in and saving the girls, and barely surviving the life-threatening event.

Back when I was in high school the big threat was a fire, or something like that.

Actually, in college, that scenario nearly played out. I stopped by to see the object of my affection. I had been drinking beer at a frat party. She had spent the night studying.

I wasn’t exactly dazzling her with my brilliance, and I think she was tiring of me. But then we said:

“You smell smoke?”

I did.

She opened the front door to her apartment and screamed loudly. The Hall was filled with smoke, and it was apparent that it was coming from the apartment next door.

Her scream brought another drunkard into the hall, and as luck might have it, I knew him. We both sobered up quickly when the girl said:

“I think they’re in there!”

She immediately went back to her apartment to call 911, but the two idiots decided that waiting for the fire department wasn’t smart.

“Let’s bust the door down,” I said.

He took a run at it.

Ended up in the floor.

I did the same thing.

We both got up and decided to do it together.

The worst possible thing happened:

We knocked the door down.

The smoke billowed into the hallway. Me and my buddy were on the floor, coughing and gagging our way through our drunken haze.

I cleared my eyes enough to see the girl standing there, looking at me, let’s be honest here...

...kind of disgustingly.

The fire department soon followed, threw us out, and put the fire out.

The girls weren’t home and all ended well.

Yet, I certainly wasn’t a hero. In fact, I was roundly ignored for my effort...

...but I did try!!!

Trump said that he would’ve run into the school, without a weapon, to confront the shooter.

Now, he’s said a whole lot of stupid, cringe-worthy things...

...but this might be the funniest of his dopey statements.

A few questions:

1). Can he run?

2). He strike you as selfless?

3). What would he do once he got in there?

Overpower an AR-15?

It was a statement that is one of his specialties. He says something that is unprovable, but paints him in a good light. It also disparages the cops who did not enter.

“Disgusting,” he said.

Now, we can debate on whether or not the first cop followed protocol, or chickened out.

It’s not as simple as a simpleton might have you believe.

Perhaps it’s too bad that Trump wasn’t there.

Maybe he could have saved the day.

Sounds like a daydream to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie