Burt Reynolds

Old Burt was on the Today Show on Thursday morning, and Hoda walked across the studio to go and say hello to him.

‘Cause he couldn’t get up.

He spoke to her when she arrived, and I had no way of knowing what he said.

His voice isn’t strong enough.

And it made me pretty sad.

Burt Reynolds was a huge star when I was a kid. His Smokey and the Bandit movies were must see...

...he was tough, and he had the great laugh.

There was a little of him left in there, and he was there to promote a new movie, but time waits for no one, huh?

I always think of the scene where Burt is standing there and he’s confronted by the bad guys.

He counts them up.

“You have eight. We have three. You need more guys.”

I kind of wish I hadn’t seen him, to be honest, because before yesterday if you’d said his name, I would’ve pictured him as he was in the 70’s and 80’s.

Now I might picture him in his 80’s.

Ah well...

...at least he’s still around.

God Bless Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie