Happy Birthday to My Beautiful Wife

My beautiful wife started off her birthday celebration by waking at 3:45 to start her 5:00 shift.

It should be illegal to have to work on your Birthday.

Of course, there wasn’t a night before celebration because she was getting a little sleep as me and the boys watched Virginia go down as the number 1 overall seed while we also drafted our fantasy baseball teams.

“Keep it down a little, huh?” Was her rallying cry before she went up.

(We were good. No one talks anymore. We could just text with exclamation points!)

But let’s not feel all bad for her...

...she had a two-hour Massage.

She has played a bit of bingo.

“We can go to dinner tomorrow,” I said.

“I’ll be tired. I know you’re tired. You’ll all be watching the tourney. I don’t care,” she said.

But it’s her birthday!

She cares!!

Everyone cares on their birthday!!!

And I’m sure that Kathy always rather enjoyed that her birthday falls on St. Patrick’s Day, but she probably never realized that birthday week falling in the middle of the tourney each year...

...with kids who are rabid about it...

Well, let’s just say that she can be short-changed.

But she’s not!

Her boys love her like crazy.

They may drive her nuts and bust her chops, but she’s their go-to-person.

“We decided not to tell you,” has been uttered around here more than once.

They look to her to help them solve little problems and big problems. Her life is not her own most of the time...

...and she loves it that way.

And she’s MY go-to person too.

Still.

Even when she dozes off 8 minutes into a 7-hour drive and snores over the sound of E-Street Radio.

Bruce has a line in the song, “Land of Hope & Dreams” where he sings:

“You’ll need a good companion for this part of the ride.”

I got one.

I always think of my beautiful wife when I hear that line.

Happy Birthday...

..we love you.

We’ll all listen to your work stories tonight...

...at halftime.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie