Happy Birthday to My Beautiful Wife

March Madness Day 2 is cheating my beautiful wife out of some of the attention she deserves on her birthday.

We aren't doing it on purpose!

It always makes me think back about 23 years to Kathy's Birthday, before we were married. Hell, before we were even dating. She didn't even know where I lived.

It was also Day 2 of the tourney and it was also a Friday night.

I went to happy hour after work...had a few beers with my co-workers and then I went back to my lonely apartment to catch up on the games that had already been played and was fired up for the rest of the games.

I had my blue pen and my red pen.

My friends and my brother were just a phone call away.

All hoops!

All night!

The doorbell rang.

It had never rang before...and I think, in all the rest of the time I lived there, it ever rang again.

Kathy was standing there.

"Come back out and have a drink with me on my birthday," she said.

"How did you know which apartment I lived in?" I asked. "There are eight apartments."

"I guessed," she said.

I was holding the copies of my brackets. I could hear the 7:00 games starting. The last thing I wanted to do was leave the television set that night.

But I bet you can guess that I went.

Me and the boys were picking our brackets the other night. We were going back and forth about who was going to win.

Kathy was listening in.

"What about my birthday?" She asked.

The boys laughed.

"Wanna' go to dinner Friday night?" Kathy asked me.

The boys waited for the answer.

We had planned on watching all the games together.

Bet you can guess that I'm going out to dinner on Friday night.

Of course, I am.

Happy Birthday to my beautiful wife.

Glad she picked the right apartment.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie