A Thumb-Nail Sketch

I was sitting in Logan Airport with an hour and a half before my flight. I headed to a bank of open chairs at a gate that didn't have a flight going out.

I was reading, and thinking of closing my eyes for a few minutes.

It was a good plan.

My eyes were closed when a guy in a suit sat in the same row of seats...4 seats down. I opened my eyes and he nodded.

I nodded back...closed my eyes again.

He opened a lap top, put in a ear piece and dialed up a coworker.

I listened to his side of the conversation.

"Blah, blah, blah...okay, give me a thumb-nail sketch of what you're thinking."

Then the guy went off on a long rant of bullshit.

"We'll run it up the flagpole."

"It is what it is."

"It's a team concept."

"We have to think out of the box."

"We can have a conference call to work out the kinks."

"We'll trouble-shoot it, let some time pass, and get a bead on it."

"It'll all work out if we work together."

He hung up.

I hated him.

His entire call sounded like absolute garbage to me. Just gibberish.

Then he sneezed.

Made another call.

This one was personal.

"Hi baby. I still feel awful. I took some Day-Quil. No. Still working. I'm hoping I'm still not contagious!"

He laughed.

Then he sneezed...

...and I had enough.

I packed up all my crap and headed away.

There were now 5 rows of chairs between us and about half the room.

I felt his eyes on me.

He knew I left the area because of him.

Moments later he was dialing another number.

"Give me a thumb-nail sketch on it."

What a dork.

I hoped his cold got worse.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty