What’s Cooking?

For the second straight Saturday I cooked two meals.

This week I made a turkey breast and mashed potatoes with corn for Saturday.

Pasta Fagioli for Sunday.

Then a funny thing happened…

…I decided, as everything was cooking, that I wasn’t going to be eating any turkey.

The pasta fagioli was amazing.

I told Mom about the menu for the weekend and she asked me where I learned how to make pasta fagioli.

“Dad taught all of us,” I said. “He made sure that we hit the world with about twenty different pasta dishes in our back pocket.”

Mom was happy about that. She enjoyed knowing that all her sons and daughters are pretty good cooks.

So, at least winter weather is good for something, right (even though I could’ve went golfing on Saturday).

There’s plenty of time to cook.

Of course, I made way too much…

…of both dinners.

“What the hell were you thinking?” Kathy asked. “You made two dinners for eight and there are only two of us here.”

“Maybe someday I’ll be able to just cook enough for two. Not this weekend.”

Damn.

The pasta fagioli was restaurant great.

But I didn’t overeat.

(I miss overeating).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie