Not As Envisioned

Went to sleep on Wednesday night at my usual time - even though we are on vacation - it was the travel day so getting a good night’s rest so we could hit the ground running…

…slept great too…

…but then I turned my left knee and pain signals darkened my vision.

“What the what?”

Turned to put that foot on the floor.

Oh no.

I did a mental breakdown of when I first felt a twinge there - Tuesday on the ladder? Fixing the toilet? The airport walk?

Doesn’t matter.

I hobbled around all day.

Lots of ice and heat and plenty o’ pain.

Now, I’ve been the legs of the operation for a long, long time.

“You need a water or anything?” Kathy asked as she got up from our seats by the pool.

“Yeah.”

Then I watched her struggle away.

And I thought of an old quote about love:

The blinding passion of youth. The shared responsibilities of middle aged and the mutual dependency of the rest of the way.

We aren’t old.

This is just a knee.

But in the middle of it all…

…thinking of her getting me a water…

…made me smile.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie