Half-Assed

I don’t much care for these couple of weeks of the year.

It’s not that I don’t like Christmas - I do - good food, time with the family, an extra couple of days off…

…it’s the actual days when I’m supposed to be working that bother me.

No one is really all that interested in working.

Everyone that I run into seems to be completely devoid of energy.

I don’t do half-throttle very well and while I still have things scheduled, I’m also a little off my game.

The colder temperatures and the grey sky doesn’t do much for me either, and above all else, the routine is off.

I have to wait for other people to make up their mind on what they want to do.

Other people work their schedule into mine…

…and I have to lecture myself in just taking it as it comes.

“I think we do a Christmas brunch,” Kathy said. “Matt can only make it between 10 a.m. and like 2:00 and Sam has to go to work so what do you think about us doing a ham or a turkey with broccoli cheese and rice or pasta?”

“Us?” I asked. “Are we cooking together? Don’t you mean me?”

“Oh yeah. You’re cooking.”

“Just text me the menu,” I said.

Out of sorts.

And next week will be worse…

…no one will have ANY interest in my routine.

Half-assed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie