Peace of Mind

My skin has been a little warm, and a tad red - too much time in the sun.

Champagne problems, huh?

Yet, the best part of this break has been the feeling of not being stressed about anything.

I’ve left dishes in the sink.

Not checking my emails.

I’ve even nodded off, and I’ve slept like a rock three nights in a row.

Through the years, my bosses have continually told me that I needed to take time to re-energize.

It’s embarrassing that I never did it.

We’ve spent a little time analyzing it. 

“Can’t you slow down instead of walking a high wire everyday?” Kathy asked.

The answer to that has always been an emphatic ‘No.’

It’s all or nothing, man.

How is Ollie handling it?

“He torpedoed Maggie,” Jake said, speaking of his girlfriend. “Knocked her off her feet.”

Sounds about right.

He hits me hard when we’re playing football. I am able to hold my feet.

“He’s not going to let you out of his sight,” Kathy said.

“Nothing new there.”

A couple of more days.

There’s a shot at a round of golf today as the knee has calmed down.

What a great break.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie