Well, That Was Different

It was 58 degrees yesterday.

Last Christmas we got absolutely blasted and the blizzard kept us in our house for 3 days.

Illness changed things this year.

I cooked.

Jake was my only consistent eating partner.

Kathy and Sam slept a whole lot of hours, and we had a great visit with members of my side of the family, but there was a quiet - again - about Christmas.

As I was tossing the ball for Ollie it occurred to me that I could be golfing!

Then I thought about the last two Christmas weather days.

“I’m dreaming of a white Christmas?”

Or 58 degrees and playing with the Big O.

No contest!

“Who in their right mind would look out the window on a day like today and sing about dreaming about snow?” 

Sam laughed.

“Yeah. This is better.”

Christmas was different.

I rested and read and cooked and listened to people sleep.

Work will be another exercise in sleep-walking as a lot of people phone it in this week…

…but I’m ready to roll…

…and when everyone wakes up, we’ll do a little more in the way of celebrating.

Time to think about the goals for the coming new year.

The bright side?

There’s still plenty of food!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie