The Old Journals

I have annual books filled with my daily activities back to 1973.

50 years of notes that document my days.

As Sam once told me:

“We aren’t going to be left wondering what you were thinking, ever, because you wrote everything down.”

Yet, I opened the suitcase where I have stored all the journals and it crossed my mind to just get rid of them.

Why am I holding onto them?

No one will ever want to read what I did with my day back in 1989.

It’s funny though because every once in a while, we will have a debate on when something happened.“I can look it up,” I’ve mentioned more than once.

But now?

There isn’t much of a reason to look back on my days.

I know where the idea came from…

…back in the 4th grade I was looking ahead.

“If I write things down now, when I’m an old man I’ll have material to write a book about my life.”

It was a real thought and I was disciplined in writing each day’s recap…

…for 50 years!

Still, here we are at the end of the year, and I don’t have to worry about that book because I’ve written a lot of those along the way.

“I’m not going to buy a book for 2024. I’m done writing it all down.”

But, old habits die hard!

I did buy a new book to write about the next 365.

Anyhow, Happy New Year!

I believe 2024 is going to be the strangest of all years here in America and I hope that we make it through the coming political storm.

Stay healthy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie