What Did I Miss?

The plane will arrive later tonight and then there will be a huge welcome home as Oliver loses his freaking mind.

One of the things that happened with this little break was that I hardly paid attention to the news of the world.

I didn’t look at the news stories about the 2024 election - they’re trying to turn the entire thing into a boxing match - and they learned nothing from the last two elections - instead of telling the truth about what’s truly happening they’re pretending that the criminal is actually qualified.

I didn’t miss that at all!

I forgot that there were football games yesterday, but I did glance at the scores.

And what else matters - that is presented - when you think about it?

There are stories about crime, shootings, arguments about abortion and immigration.

The needle doesn’t move.

We were watching an episode of the Sopranos and Tony and Bobby were out in the woods shooting an AR-15.

“800 rounds a minute,” Bobby said.

The power of the weapon was ridiculous.

“They let people buy guns like that?” Kathy asked. “Why?”

“Not gonna’ think about it,” I said.

We’re heading back into a buzz saw as I will have to hustle to visit places that I ignored this week.

And we are just three weeks away from Christmas.

That will add some stress.

And I’ve considered the way forward through the rest of 2023.

I don’t need the outside distractions that add stress. I can’t do anything about a lot of it anyway.

So, what did I miss?

Frankly, not a hell of a lot!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie