Drives Me Crazy

 

I’ve heard it said that God only seems to speak to lunatics.

What do you say to someone when they express that God stopped by to talk with them?

I’ve had a couple of people mention their experiences where God visited with them to give them the nod of approval.

“Bat

Shit

Crazy”

Is the phrase that normally crosses my mind as I take in what they’re saying.

Faith is one thing. Praying is another. Yet, believing that God is telling you that you’re the man to part the Red Sea…

…as if you’re the second coming of Moses?

Sorry.

Bat shit.

It’s like the people who believe they found a potato chip that looks like the Virgin Mary.

“God placed that in my bag to give me a message that I should lead the world out of this mess.”

Uh.

No.

It’s a potato chip.

You, nutbag, you.

The scariest part?

This guy is two heartbeats away from the top chair. The lines between church and state are being blurred beyond comprehension.

The most ridiculous aspect of it all?

The very same evangelicals claimed that God chose Trump but that God didn’t want Obama as the leader.

Wonder what they based that on?

So, here I sit, as a nearly 60-year-old man who spent a lot of time in church as I grew…

…now, sickened by the idea of someone making such ridiculous claims.

And finally, last night, God shook me awake…

…He whispered in my ear…

…”Mike Johnson is certifiable,” He said.

It’s true!

Prove me wrong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie