Whole Wide World - Rolling Stones

I was only 11 years old when I became a rabid Rolling Stones fan. My brother, John, loved The Beatles. 

I had to go a different way.

The Stones were weirdly different. The ‘Some Girls’ record was loved but also ripped up by the women’s groups.

The Stones didn’t care.

48 years later I didn’t think I’d ever be waiting for a new Rolling Stones record.

I woke at 3:30 in the morning - there was a text - the new record was in my phone!

I did the only sensible thing:

I listened to snippets of each song in the middle of the night.

In the morning, it was on full blast and they’d done it again - surprised me with their excellence.

Mick sounds like he’s 25.

The riffs from Keith & Ronny are great - they sound astounding.

Arthritis and all!

The song ‘Whole Wide World’ is an instant classic - I listened to it seven times in a row.

Great lyrics.

Perfect message.

Mick’s voice is so comforting to me.

An interviewer asked Keith if this was the last Stones record.

(If it is it’s a perfect end).

“How the f*ck do I know?” Keith said. “I was supposed to be dead fifty years ago.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie