Chandler Bing

Back when ‘Friends’ was dominating weekly television it was hip to say:

“I never watch that show.”

I never said that. I watched it weekly and loved it. I’ve watched all the episodes countless times - and really enjoyed it. I still grab a rerun every now and again.

And they were all such great, well-developed characters. The actors were great.

Chandler Bing was the funny guy, and Matthew Perry was a good, comedic actor.

Somewhere along the way we learned he was suffering with addiction - there’s a season where he is painfully thin.

Making all that money and having all that fame - didn’t help him much.

He went through rehab 15 times and had 14 stomach operations.

A year ago, he wrote a memoir detailing everything and while I didn’t read it, I remember thinking:

“Good for him. Sounds like he beat it.”

There isn’t anything being reported that seems as though he relapsed, but it took a toll, I suppose and his death is tragic because he was a young man.

There’s a price to pay. A cost associated with what we do to self-destruct. Even under the best conditions, we will all come to a physical end.

Weird when a celebrity goes though, because they’re so familiar.

I thought of some of his best lines and can hear Chandler’s voice.

He’ll live on - as long as television is played - but seems a little hollow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie