Powerball Dreams

Not quite sure what I’d even do with $1.4 billion.

Don’t even know if I’d want such a headache.

I was walking into the grocery store and there was a man seated at the desk in the lobby. I thought about Salvation Army or Girl Scout cookies, or a credit card application or some such nonsense but he asked if I wanted to buy powerball tickets and avoid the line.

I threw down ten bucks.

“If you just sold me the winning ticket you and I are going to be good buddies.”

“If I sold you the winner and didn’t owe it for myself I’ll be a tad pissed.”

“I’d give you a hundred bucks,” I said.

He laughed.

But I’m serious.

The much money would be a hassle.

Of course it would be generational money for my family - and my family would get a lot bigger - but I’d also do something that most billionaires don’t do.

I’d spread it around, but would do it quietly too as I don’t want any attention either.

I’d get new clubs and I’d golf all year round, but I can’t think of much else.

I don’t want a mansion or a fancy car.

It’s funny how priorities change.

I’m sure Kathy and the boys would have some ideas.

But let’s see what happens.

I guess I’ll deal with it if I have to.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie