Beckham Documentary

We stumbled on the David Beckham documentary and despite the fact that we were going to watch one and be done we kept going.

I’m not the world’s biggest soccer fan and I didn’t know a hell of a lot about Beckham even though he was a big a star as there had been in any sport.

I also had zero idea that Victoria Beckham was so beautiful. I couldn’t stop watching because I couldn’t wait for her to appear on screen.

And at one point there was a discussion about whether or not he cheated on her in their marriage.

“How the hell does he cheat on her?” I asked.

And they don’t actually address the infidelity in detail other than saying it was a difficult time.

Some of the other things that caught my attention was the crazed obsession that the world had with the family.

Their car was surrounded at one point and I mentioned:

“Can you imagine living like that?”

“The $250 million dollar contract would’ve made some of it tolerable.”

And yet there’s a whole lot that goes into such a life, and then it comes down to his retiring from the sport and hanging it up.

“How do you give up that life and find something else to do?” I asked.

“You’d  have to miss the cheering crowds and the adoration, right?” Kathy asked right back.

“Well, at least he still has Victoria.”

She laughed.

“Yeah. Rough life.”

For kicking a freaking soccer ball.

Who knew?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie