Happy Halloween

I’ll grab a bag of candy during my travels today, but we haven’t had a single trick or treater here in years.

The kids stopped coming around when Melky - the pit bull - was controlling the neighborhood. 

Melky was a wonderful dog who never bothered anyone, but she looked strong. By the time Melky left us, the kids around here had grown.

So, the candy gets finished by Kathy and the boys.

Not that I ever truly enjoyed Halloween. I’m not a pumpkin fan - everything has pumpkin spice in it - 🤮 

I didn’t ever enjoy dressing up - there was a photo of me - as an African princess that made its rounds on Facebook. I was dead set against wearing such a get up, but my sister Corinne had other ideas - I had her bathroom garbage can on my head - she just yanked it down hard.

Jeff went as my ‘husband’ in a loin cloth.

We took first place in the costume competition.

As a kid we went around the neighborhood but Mom wasn’t thrilled with any of it either - six different costumes weren’t easy to come by…

…and yet - there are people who see Halloween as the greatest of all holidays.

Zombies and ghosts and witches.

Weird.

My boys didn’t gather much enthusiasm for it either.

Do kids still toilet paper houses and the such?

I haven’t heard any stories about razor blades in apples or sprinkling candy with fentanyl - but I’m sure someone is spreading those rumors somewhere.

It’s all so dumb.

Stay home - it’s gonna’ be cold and rainy.

Buy your own candy.

Read a Stephen King story.

Happy Halloween.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie