The Bills Lost!

I didn’t have much of a choice.

Watched the Bills game on Sunday morning from London.

A few thoughts…

1). If there were a drinking game that required people to take a shot every time Josh Allen’s name is mentioned, one would die of alcohol poisoning by the end of the first quarter. 

They say his name on every play - even when the other team has the ball. He’s in every 3rd commercial. If he takes his helmet off and sits on the bench the camera zooms in.

He’s the Taylor Swift of the Bills.

2). Football has changed. There was a play late in the game. Josh Allen dropped back and Josh Allen broke through the line. Allen sacked Allen.

Flags rained down. Personal foul.

I laughed. How was he supposed to get guy to the ground? The QB named Josh Allen is the most elusive runner in the league. The defensive player named Josh Allen wrapped him up and took him down.

5 years ago that was a good hit and while I’m all for safety, I can’t believe that a player would beg for a flag on a play like that. Before QB Allen hit the ground he was crying for the call.

3). Is it fixed?

Kansas City was marching down the field. If they scored a touchdown they would cover the spread and all those who bet on them would cash in.

Mahommes broke into the clear. He passed the first down marker and then slid at the one. Didn’t put points on the board. Those who bet on the Jets with the spread, won.

Mahommes sliding in bounds wasn’t a necessary play. They won by 3. Would’ve won by 10. There were only seconds left. Only thing his slide did was change the bet.

No big deal, right?

There was a report that it was an $80 million slide that saved Vegas.

The whole world is corrupt. 

The NFL and Vegas are clean? 

With millions on the line?

4). The Refs!!!

The sport has become tough to watch. Go to social media and look up the comments from the fans of the team that lost. There’s usually a photo of a ref dressed in the other squad’s jersey.

“We can’t beat the —— and the refs!”

The Chiefs appear to be the team that everyone hates now. When Brady was in New England the word was that all the refs were in their pocket.

I once tried to umpire a little league game. I was behind the plate and a kid hit a ball down the right field line.

“Fair!” I yelled.

The ball was 20’ foul.

A screaming coach ran at me, explaining that I was an idiot.

It dawned on me that I’d perhaps blown the call.

So I changed it.

The other coach ran at me, crying that I was a moron.

Parents screamed at me.

A kid spit on my shoes.

I was 16-years old!

I had volunteered to ump a game involving 10-12 year olds.

The outcome didn’t matter to me, but the more I got yelled at, the more defensive I got.

I tossed both coaches.

Have never been an official ever again.

I can’t even imagine what a referee in a pro game faces. 

Death threats?

All in all, I was mildly entertained by the game.

There were at least 5 lost-time injuries suffered. Broken legs, torn up knees, head injuries….

…if it happens on a construction site OSHA opens up an investigation.

Those around me had their day destroyed by the Bills loss.

“Ahh, we’ll get ‘em next year,” by me was greeted with evil stares and glaring hate.

The game ended and we watched 4 straight Josh Allen commercials.

Good times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie