Thoughts

- Played a bunch of golf over the last few days. Chipping and putting is turning into a bit of a problem. 

And that game.

Mental focus is the key once you’re able to execute shots and some days your mind wanders a little.

I was stuck in that little whirlwind during the first 9 holes yesterday. 

Just a tad off and that’s enough to ruin you.

- So Josh Allen got paid an ungodly sum to throw a ball around a field.

Good for him, I guess, but I would enjoy sports more if their salaries weren’t publicized.

I just know that the big move when someone gets that much money there will be a search for tax shelters and loopholes so they can pay as little in taxes as possible.

Tax the rich.

- Our faucet was busted and our air conditioner is still on the fritz.

It’s amazing but when we got the water back in the kitchen sink I was ecstatic. I’ll be even happier when the air conditioner is working again.

So totally thrilled with things I was taking for granted up until last week.

- Masks will be back in full use by September 01. It’s so damn unnecessary, but I have read at least twenty accounts of men or women in hospital beds on vents who are talking about how getting vaccinated would’ve been a grand idea.

There are plenty who lost their lives to the ignorance that they swallowed up and spit out.

“Covid denier dies from Covid,” is the story of 2021.

So unnecessary.

And I really don’t want to mask up again, but will if we have to.

- The Yankees have been playing good ball, but this team is made up of 25 guys who take turns taking a couple of weeks off.

I swear it wasn’t this way when we were kids. Someone going on the injured list was a couple of times a season event.

I don’t know if they’re soft or if they are told to sit down (by their agents) if they feel even the slightest twinge.

No such thing as ‘playing through it’ and I’m a guy who has played through everything! For years!!

Make the playoffs and all will be forgiven.

- Pepper party weekend.

I estimate that I ate about 15 stuffed peppers of all varieties.

Pray for me.

I may yet pay for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie