Sun On My Face

The heat beat the hell out of me yesterday.

I climbed a half dozen ladders at three of the sites and I was a tad slow because the golf also slowed me down too.

By the time I walked in the house in the late afternoon I was whipped…

…and if you’ll all remember, our air conditioning is busted.

Kathy made a bold decision. 

“I’m getting a hotel room.”

“Nice.”

I thought about going, of course, but the pets would be lost and we do have one portable air conditioner that goes in my room…

…and I would be up and out by 6:00…

…so she went alone.

Sat in the air conditioned room, went to the pool, and moved around a little.

(She’s been through hell).

“So, when you go to the sites would you rather it be this hot, or snowing?”

“Hot,” I said. “No contest.”

I like the sun.

Snowy days are dark and grey.

I can dump water over my head to cool off.

Nothing I do during the winter helps much.

But….

…I’ll be much happier tomorrow when our air conditioner is fixed.

It’s a tad too much!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie