Afghanistan

20-years of war.

Trillions of dollars.

Lives of American soldiers.

When the former guy decided that enough was enough and troops were withdrawn, I think that most of America said, “It’s time.”

Evidently the plan to withdraw troops isn’t what was expected and the troops that were trained weren’t all that excited about fighting off the Taliban.

The unrest in other parts of the world makes me think about a Rob Lowe line in ‘About Last Night.’

The woman actor asks if he’s distressed about the war in the Middle East.

“I live in a pretty good neighborhood,” he says.

I feel for the Afghan people.

I don’t want people to suffer.

The Taliban is a terrorist organization that never deserved to be legitimized.

A generation of refugees will be born based on their ‘leadership’.

So, a sad story, but what is to be done?

The outcome would most likely be the same had we stayed another 10, 20 or 30 years and I’ve always believed that we don’t need to protect the entire world with so much misery happening right here.

Hopefully there will someday be peace in the world, but I probably won’t live to see it.

Praying that there won’t be innocent blood shed over there.

Not naive enough to believe it will go smoothly…

…but it was most likely time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie