Meet Oliver (Charlie)

 


There’s another official Camp Clifford member.

The tiny, cute as hell chocolate lab is named Oliver but I think he’s more suited to be called Charlie.

He’s Jake’s dog…

…as of now.

Every pet that enters the home is supposed to be someone else’s problem but sooner or later, they all follow me from room-to-room.

Oliver was with Jake & Maggie through the night and all morning, but come Saturday night, he was beside me on the couch and it didn’t play well with Miller the cat who gave him the evil eye.

The funny thing is that Jake is a lot like a nervous Dad.

Jake is a kid who likes to sleep late, but he was up and outside early on Saturday morning.

“You can’t come in until you poop,” he was whispering.

And he was nervous.

“I just want to make sure he doesn’t get hurt.”

He knows a tiny bit how it feels to be a parent, I guess.

Soon enough, Oliver (who is named after a Bills player named Ed Oliver) found the toy box.

Miller looked at me.

Seemed to ask if I was going to put a stop to it.

We are now teaching all of them what it means to share.

“He’s so damn cute,” Kathy said.

“He doesn’t crap ice cream,” I said.

But Oliver certainly has the run of the place right now.

Until Miller and Paris drop the hammer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie