Everything Is Broken

It always seems as if things break down all at once.

I’m not talking about just me here.

“Is the air on?” I asked early this week.

I headed to the thermostat - 80!

Then I headed out, forgetting about it.

Got the dreaded text:

“The air conditioner is broken. You know a guy?”

I thought of the mechanical contractors I know. Decided to stay out of it. I passed the number to Kathy.

The fix wouldn’t be cheap or easy.

“You should get a new one,” he said.

“That ain’t all,” Kathy texted. “The kitchen faucet is broke and there’s a stream of water. It’s dripping into the basement.”

Bah!

We purchased the new faucet.

Who’s installing it?

Not me!

So, the guy who needs things to be in order…

…has busted things all around.

Ah well.

It’s Friday.

Let us all rejoice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie