The Mess We Amass

We are in the process of updating and painting a few rooms.

I’m out of the painting business - spoke with a younger man from one of the job sites.

A real painter. 

He’s also a young Dad and perhaps can use a little cash. So, we swung a deal and he’ll be by soon enough.

I have to get the crap cleaned out of the rooms!

Which isn’t easy because I live with a few people who are quite a bit less concerned about amassing a mess.

Mom did a hell of a number on all of us!

People think Dad was the reason that we are all a little off, but the intensity and the OCD stuff came directly via my Dear Mother and I wouldn’t change it at all.

“I love cleaning out rooms,” I said to Kathy.

She looked at me as if I had a huge forehead (I do).

“Why?”

“One, it’s getting cleaned up! And two, you find things!”

I found photos of my kids when they were young. There was the time we went to the wrestling matches. 

I also found a few photos where I was young as I was keeping an eye on them as they played.

I always looked more scared (and tired) than happy.

Then I found the holy grail of yesterday’s room cleanup:

A shot of Melky.

She was just 2 or 3 years old.

My barrel-chested pit bull!

She was healthy!

“Damn!”

I threw a lot of stuff - junk - out.

But I also traveled down memory lane a little.

We certainly accumulate messes along the way…

…but if we’re lucky we also string together some hits.

It was fun looking back on when we were young and strong, but man, I miss my doggy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie