Start Me Up

I must confess that my drive and ambition have been kinda’ missing in action. I’ve never been a halfway kinda’ guy...

...I have a tendency to go to extremes and I know there’s a balance, I see it when I swing past.

Therefore this little pandemic has left me a tad perplexed and a little lost. All the things that seemed so important didn’t seem to matter much.

I was well aware that I was not alone. A whole bunch of people have been feeling the same way. All conversations have been a little off.

I’ve said it before, it has felt a little like being caught between Christmas and New Year’s.

But I’ve noticed an uptick lately and it feels like the old engine is being primed.

I had a moment on Thursday afternoon when a half dozen calls came in as I was writing reports and I thought:

“Oh crap! They’re back.”

And I only missed the days when I was sick. My job has gone on right through all of this, but it was a tad lighter. I even spent some time thinking:

“I can work without being stressed out of my mind. Even when this is over I can implement the balance that I found when things were quieter.”

But the appointment book of filling up.

Flights are taking off again.

“Can you visit a job in Lewiston?” One guy called to ask.

“Sure, when?”

“Like, now?” He asked.

I laughed. He laughed.

“So?” He asked, hopefully.

“The good thing for you is that I was just sitting in my car waiting for you to call,” I said.

He laughed again.

“If you can.”

I shuffled things around. Felt a little anxious, but I took the ride.

Once you start me up I never stop.

(Think I’m listening to the Stones a little much too).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie