I’m Not A Warrior

So, the rhetoric is clear.

Trump is done with the virus.

“I’ve shifted my focus to opening up the economy.”

The Coronavirus task force will be disbanded. He landed in Arizona yesterday and shook hands. No mask.

“We can’t keep the country closed for 5 years.”

That’s how a conman works.

No one is asking them to keep the country closed for 5 years.

In fact, the CDC guidelines talked about 14 days of declining. 2 weeks! Not 260 weeks.

But anyway, what really frosted my ass.

“The American people are warriors.”

No we aren’t.

You want warriors?

Go one day without administering 8,000 tests to anyone who might come into contact with you when you make your way down from your bedroom at noon.

I’ve felt fearful every day. I’m going to work, but I’m wearing a mask, staying away from people and rubbing hand sanitizer all over me because I don’t want to drown on my own snot so you can brag about the stock market.

“Some people are going to have tough results.”

Geez, thanks for making death sound so enchanting.

Ran across a guy today:

“Everyone needs to get it,” he said. “Herd immunity. Some old people are going to die.”

“You have your parents?” I asked.

“Yeah, they’re only 68.”

“You want one of them to die?” I asked.

“Hell no!” He said.

“Well, one of them might have to, for the greater good. Pick one. Herd immunity, right?”

He actually laughed.

“I don’t want MY relatives to die!”

“You want mine to go?”

“No, not yours,” he said. “Just some people we don’t know!”

And, that’s it in a nutshell.

That’s how Trump, this epically pitiful administration and about 30% of the population feels.”

But that’s how it will be.

Nearly 70% of the population would much rather have public health than economic surety.

Open it!

Of course, but do it right!

Follow the CDC guidelines.

We aren’t warriors who are willing to die or willing to lose our loved ones...

...so you can get back to the necessary work of robbing the country blind.

You want warriors?

Send Jared and Ivanka and Dipshit Donny and big-toothed Eric out there.

Let them be the warriors.

If they survive we’ll come out and join them.

Mission accomplished my ass.

The virus is still killing people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie