Pranks Gone By

There was a clip going around Facebook that showed a few brothers pulling pranks on one another.

I immediately smiled.

There was a lot of pranking going on in the Fazzolari family.

I instantly thought of a few.

There was the year when John and I worked together at a Niagara Falls power plant. We had to wear Tyvek suits, goggles and long sleeve shirts - no exposed skin. We both chewed Copenhagen then so the natural thing was to just spit on one another when we saw each other. John hit me constantly and I was losing the battle. Badly. Well, one day, I look down and lo and behold, John was working in a room below. I saved up all the tobacco juice, all day, and about ten minutes before the end of the day...I dumped the can.

John didn’t respond. He shed his filthy clothes and we made the long ride home. Halfway there, John pulled to the side of the road - “Get out.”

I had plenty of time to think about winning that prank because I walked about 7 miles.

Jeff was the king, of course. He took the labels off my canned goods, took my clothes out of my bag before we left on a trip, removed my mattress so when I jumped on my bed I almost killed myself on the bed springs, he dumped water on me, pushed me in a pool more times than I care to remember and in a real classic called me to the bedroom where he, Jim and John attacked me.

They were in the process of sandpapering my forehead when I kicked out and broke a window in my parent’s home.

“Dad! Cliff broke the window!”

Jim was the king of jumping out of a hiding spot to scare the crap out of someone. Mom broke him of that habit one morning.

Mom would wake us all up at the same time, around 6:30. Jim set an alarm for 6:25 and got up and hid in the closet near the bathroom. He jumped out and yelled ‘Boo’ as poor Mom was heading to the bathroom.

“You stupid bastard!”

Of course, Corinne was always the brunt of our jokes. We used to crawl from our room to hers and we’d pull her out of bed.

She often slept in later than us and we’d do all sorts of things to wake her.

Other hits?

Jeff after seeing ‘The Shining’ wrote ‘Redrum’ on Carrie’s mirror...

...in red lipstick.

Mom and John had epic mashed potatoes fights - throwing them at one another.

John once stuffed my face into a plate of pasta.

Dad wrote down the winning lottery numbers one day after sneaking a peek at Carrie’s tickets.

Carrie got up screaming that she had 5 of 6 matching numbers.

Then the classic:

Dad woke me for school. I got up, showered, and went down for breakfast.

I kept telling him how tired I was.

After I finished my breakfast I looked at the clock in the kitchen.

It was twenty minutes after two in the morning.

He burst out laughing.

“Why?” I kept asking.

“Good night!” He called out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie