Happy Anniversary to My Beautiful Wife


The 23rd edition.

And this has been a trying year.

We’ve suffered through medical difficulties, death, illness.

All the things that one doesn’t think about much on the wedding day.

“Would they ever be so happy again; the handsome groom and his bride as they step into the long black limousine for their mystery ride?”

I have to admit, I thought of that Bruce line on our wedding day. It’s from ‘Walk Like A Man’, a beautiful song about fear in marriage.

And the happy part is easy.

Marriage is a lot harder when life gets in the way...

...but thankfully Bruce wrote another song about it, and it’s actually our wedding song.

‘If I Should Fall Behind.’

The verse that I think about a lot begins with:

“So let’s make our steps clear so the other may see. Should I fall behind, wait for me.”

It’s hard to step through things together.

Grief is a really tricky one.

Yet...

...knowing that you have the right person beside you is exactly what you need right then.

I’ve fallen behind a time or two.

I’ve had to wait up too.

None of that is exactly what you’re considering as you’re saying your vows.

But that’s the important part.

So, today, as I think back 23 years, I’m amazed by all that we’ve done and all that we’ve battled through.

There’s a lot left.

(God willing)

But one more Bruce line has entered my mind from time-to-time:

“You need a good companion for this part of the ride.”

I found one.

Love to my beautiful wife.

We will catch up on the celebrating when we are done traveling this rocky ground.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie