Cleaning It All Up

My yard is starting to take shape.

Wasn’t easy and my body had to pay an awful price.

But I feel better about it...

...I just hate weeds and clutter.

And the crazy part is that there are only about 4 to 5 months where it actually matters because once we get to about the middle of October there’s a chance it can be covered in snow...

...but this year I was around the house more and the more I looked the more anxious I got about it.

“I noticed some changes, Jake said as he pulled up. “Who did the landscaping?”

“Who do you think?” I asked.

“Well, you did a fine job.”

And man, it’s impossible to not think of my Dad because he was sure that we were all working around the yard. Practically every weekend.

And I’m glad he did because it made me more disciplined.

Thing was, he made us start way too early!

“Let’s go!”

It was usually 7:00 in the morning.

“Why can’t we do it at noon?” We’d ask.

“Let’s go!”

So, the four of us would all get our assignment.

Dad would work right alongside of us.

Memorial Day weekends were always carefree though.

Chicken and ribs on the grill, the garden freshly planted, a beer or two being cracked, hoops in the backyard.

Time marches on.

I look around the yard now...

...much better...

...but damn...

...I’m so sore!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie